Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inventory pt 1.

I'm a compulsive list-maker. It's an uncontrollable urge that seems to increase in conjunction with lack of sleep. Here are current high/low points.

Yay:
  • My sister, because not many other people are thoughtful enough to deck my room out with creepy-ass pictures of Hilary Clinton upon my return.
  • Urban Texas! Particularly Dallas, which I've really come around to during the past few days. It's dramatic and metropolitan and gorgeous--a real "superhero" kind of city. I would love to live out of state and eventually abroad for a while, but I definitely would not mind continuing to call Texas home (I never thought I'd say it).
  • Non-painful crushes! No explanation needed!
  • A cat to sleep on my head at night.
  • Not having to toss $2+ in chunk change every time I want to do laundry.

Eek:
  • Not having money to buy things with.
  • "I am a Scientist" is the most deceptively amazing song ever; none of Guided By Voices other songs were really ever able to live up to its promise (at least as far as I'm concerned), sorry to say.
  • My Compaq because it sounds like it's digesting small woodland creatures.
  • Discussing anything involving money with mom and dad.
  • I can't seem to shake this goshdarned cough.
  • Coming across some short stories I wrote for junior year creative writing--ick.
Here's to destroying any hopes of substance!

No comments: