Saturday, May 3, 2008

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

My apologies for the last entry; it was a bad night and I was a bit frustrated after realizing that I'm in a bit of a stalemate with my current prospect. I of course chose to channel my frustrations through that one form of catharsis possibly unhealthier than not saying anything at all: ONLINE JOURNALING! You see, I can usually rely on my good ol' Compaq to bluescreen before I actually post whatever I write, but the gods chose not to spare me such embarassment this time around. This is for the record: I'm perfectly content with my Sci-Fridays and Dorothy Parker-filled evenings (spinster training!) and like to think that I am not nearly as pathetic as virtual sources would imply. I keep this thing primarily for my own personal amusement, which explains the utter lack of substance; I never really expected anyone to acknowledge, much less give a shit about my online presence. It's flattering, humbling, and bit odd, truthfully. So hello, readership! Nice to know ya!


Instead of preparing for finals, I've been looking into exchange opportunities that I probably won't be able to pursue if I don't start getting my lazy ass in gear. Hmm. Right now, my top choice through UNT is University of Leeds in...well, Leeds, England. Apparently Tolkien taught linguistics there for about five years before writing Lord of the Rings and going on to teach at Oxford. My nerdly heart just started goin' pitter-patter.


THINGS YOU DO NOT DISCUSS AT THE DINNER TABLE:
1. Politics
2. Religion
3. John Cage
4. 4chan

That is all.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Do it! I've always wanted to go to England, and if you go then I can live vicariously through you!